POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : New computer:-) : New computer:-) Server Time
3 Oct 2024 23:23:45 EDT (-0400)
  New computer:-)
From: Thomas Lake
Date: 1 May 1999 18:42:28
Message: <372B753B.CF324744@home.com>
Hi everyone I just cot a new computer! Weeeee! Its a PII 400MHz with
64MB of ram and a Graphics Blaster RIVA TNT video card and a Sound
Blaster PCI128 sound card. I've just finished re-installing most of my
win98 stuff and I'd be interested to see how much faster the new
computer is at pov-ray. If anyone out there has a simple image with
render time and parse time specs for a PII-233 with 64MB of ram (That's
what my old computer was) I'd very much like to have it so I can see how
much faster my new computer renders. I don't know if it will make a huge
difference though, I don't have any more RAM than before, but it is the
new faster ram and the system buss is running at 100Mhz.

Anyway if you think this post is way off topic or you think I'm just
gloating about my new comp too much then just let me know and I'll
cancel the message, PLEASE don't flame me though, just post a kindly
worded message asking to remove it:-)